Saturday, March 31, 2012

Showering Baby with Love

Saturday, March 17th, while many bars were serving green beer in honor of Saint Patrick's Day, I spent the afternoon with a few close family members and friends at my traditional baby shower.

Jillian and Daniel hosted it with help from Cheri at Wanda's house. I honestly could not have imagined a better, or more beautiful, party! It was a quiet, intimate afternoon on the back deck and in the garden. The food included some of my favorite homemade Asian dishes, including: lettuce wraps, dumplings (steamed pot stickers), spring rolls and kabobs. To my joy, Jill and Dan followed through with their promise NOT to play any games--although, we did do a couple of old wives tale tests to guess the gender of the baby. Several guests told me it was the best baby shower they'd ever been to, and I couldn't agree more!

Rather than go on-and-on, I'll let the pictures do the talking..

With my wonderful hosts, Dan, Jill and Cheri

Daniel's homemade lettuce wraps--my favorite!

Pot sticker and kabob table

Alcoholic beverage table with homemade champaign spritzer

Non-alcoholic beverage table with Arnold Palmers for me :)

The dessert table doubled as a "make you own favors" table. By the way, those cupcakes were heavenly--thanks Dan! 

One of the sitting areas set in the garden

You know I couldn't leave my chalkboard behind!

Thank you again and again and again Wanda!

Being a sister is wonderful, but being the middle sister is best!

Jill and my mom, a couple of my favorite scorpio women.

My leading ladies, I love these two more than all the sand on the beach ♥

"For a smart, wealthy baby" -- Auntie Jill (who also gave baby a piggy bank)

Cheri, my practical friend!

It would be too difficult to explain my happiness in this picture. Some of you, who know me well, will understand. 

According to the needle test, I'm having a boy!

Best friends and our mommies ♥


"Off the charts inappropriate"

There are eleven versions of this picture. They are all ridiculous. This is the only decent one. The four of us should not be left alone together!



Post shower I was the DD for everyone so they could celebrate the rest of Saint Patrick's Day and the last night of Bike Week.

♥ A

No comments:

Post a Comment