Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cucumber Mint Gazpacho

Yesterday when I arrived home from work, the AC was not working. I spent some time on the phone taking directions from my dad, doing what I could to get it running again. After about an hour of failed attempts, I threw on some shorts, opened the windows and laid on the couch with a big bottle of water.

Shortly after, Ryan arrived home and messed with the AC for what seemed like hours. Around 8:40PM I realized I was starving, sweating and miserably hot. There seemed like only one reasonable solution: cucumber mint gazpacho (and maybe some ice cream for dessert).


This is one of my favorite dishes; however, this was my first time making it at home. The gazpacho was perfectly delicious and creamy. I probably won't tweak the recipe much, if at all, in the future. I do think I will make some additions to the Fresh Vegetable Salad I served with it. You will notice my notes for "next time" listed at the bottom of the recipe. 

Enjoy!

♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment