Monday, June 17, 2013

Birthday Planning

Miss Mila Joan has given me an entirely new reason to love summertime, her birthday! I'm so excited about her upcoming birthday party, I can hardly stand it. My online shopping habit has been out of control since I decided on her theme and party colors in April, yes April. Every evening, when I get home, I find myself practically yanking M out of her car seat, running to the mailbox and crossing my fingers for a new package.

I'd like to say "I don't want to spoil anything," but who am I kidding? I have been sharing every last detail with any warm body willing to give me 2 minutes of their time. Would it be shameful if I said one doesn't exactly require a pulse to hear about Mila's party? It would? Okay, then I won't tell you how I've been filling in my new grass on the plans... They say it's good to talk to your plants, right?

Anyway, this all started last year when I won a signed copy of Sweet Designs by Amy Atlas from Fishs Eddy. To win the book, contestants had to comment on Facebook why they wanted it. Everyone had these really emotional stories, of course, I wasn't as poised. Basically I said "I'm pregnant and want to be able to make my son or daughter something more than a boxed cake every year." BAM! I won. Since then, I have read the book cover to cover, tried several of Amy's recipes and have been following her blog. So on April 22nd, when I thought, "maybe I should start thinking about Mila's birthday party." Naturally, I headed over to Amy's blog for inspiration, only to find she had just posted this.

You know that smiley emoticon that has hearts for eyes? Insert a line of those here. That is how I felt about a mermaid themed party with a mint and coral color scheme. Could it have been any more perfect for my little summer-born beach baby? I think not.

So without further adieu, here are a few things you can expect to see at Mila's first birthday party.


The one pictured above is similar to Mila's but hers is mint and coral, of course.




I'm going to stop there. I know that is quite literally a "few" things, but I have to leave some for the actual birthday party post. If you want to check out more of my inspiration for Mila's mermaid party, check out my board on Pinterest dedicated to it!

♥A

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! So well-written and I actually laughed out loud while reading. The theme looks adorable and I can't wait to see pics from her big day! You're such a good mommy!!

    ReplyDelete