Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Aa & V's Wedding

There is nothing quite like a great wedding. All the dancing, kisses, charming stories, personal touches, beautiful people and romance is enough to even make the Grinch gush (insert heart-eyed emoticon). But weddings seem to be especially great when they are celebrating the love of two truly special people--and while I hate to get completely sappy with you, that was the case this weekend.

Ryan and I met Vanessa and Aaron after moving to St. Pete. They are such selfless, good-hearted people. Vanessa is one of the most caring, positive, genuinely good women people I've ever met. Aaron is smart, generous and amazingly resourceful, as his grandfather pointed out during a speech. In fact, Aaron is so clever and handy, Ryan and I have fully revised our Doomsday Plan, which is now "make it to Aa and V's house alive."

As you can imagine, we could not have been more thrilled to help celebrate the marriage of Aaron and Vanessa and we were especially excited that they asked Miss Mila Joan to be the flower girl.


This sweet little baby, adorned with her white dress, was almost the perfect flower girl. Mila decided while getting dressed that she wanted nothing to do with the headband OR the "last resort" clip. After we came to terms with that, Ryan and I took Mila to practice walking down the isle. Practice round one and two were flawless and adorable. However, during round three, Mila stopped at every one of the vases lining the isle and proceeded to empty the vases of their flowers then splash in the remaining water. 

Ryan and I quickly rearranged the flowers and dried Mila off. Shortly after it was time for the show to begin. With Auntie Evan strategically placed at an end seat in the middle of the crowd, Ryan at the end of the isle to send Mila off and me at the front to catch, the wedding began. 


Ryan released Mila with two handfuls of flower petals, which she threw up in the air on her first step. Slowly, she started down the isle but quickly veered to the left and reached her hand towards the vase closest to Auntie Evan. Just in time, Evan caught the interception and redirected Mila. Mila looked up, saw me waiting for her at the top of the isle and took off running to me, to which the crowd responded to with an "aww!" I snatched Mila and ran back to my seat just in time for Vanessa to make her big entrance. 

Mila started off strong during the wedding ceremony but began crying during the vows so I took her on a walk around the venue. During our walk, a fountain caught Mila's eye and she decided that she wouldn't be happy again unless she got to play in it. Against my better judgement, I let this happen and although she ended up pretty wet, it cheered her up and distracted her until she was allowed to recapture the attention of the wedding guests.

(I finally got to wear the dress I bought for M's birthday party.)




Cutting the cake made by Max and Jonah's


A better look at the wedding cake and cupcakes by Max and Jonah's

I mentioned in my last post that I wasn't nervous about making the wedding cake or the cupcakes for Vanessa's wedding. Surprisingly, this remained true until I arrived at the venue. Once we got there and started putting things together I started to panic a bit. Fortunately, I brought my mom and Evan who were both pretty successful at talking me off the cliff. Once we were finished and got to show the end product to Vanessa, it was all worth it. Evan and I were honored that Vanessa and Aaron wanted Max and Jonah's to be a part of their big day! And now that I know we can do it, I'm looking forward to the next wedding Max and Jonah's gets to cater. Will it be yours?

♥A

P.S. To contact Max and Jonah's about catering your next event, email Evan and I at MaxandJonahs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment