Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wedding Week

In four days, my friend Vanessa will be marrying the love of her life. Vanessa has made the very bold choice to be one of two ladies wearing white that day. I tried to warn her that maybe she would get showed up, that maybe she should reconsider, but she wouldn't hear it. So, against my good advice, Mila will also be wearing white in her role as the flower girl (dress pictured below).


I wonder how my sweet bride is going to feel when my 14.5 month old steals the show. Oh well, can't say I didn't warn her ;)

Tonight Evan and I will go grocery shopping for all the ingredients to make Vanessa and Aaron's rehearsal dinner cake, wedding cake and cupcakes. I thought I would be stressed about the idea of making two cakes and a hundred cupcakes, but I'm really not--not yet anyway--I'm excited. I'm honored that Vanessa and Aaron would include us as such an important part of their special day. I can't wait to see them feed each other the cake that Evan and I will work so hard to make--besides seeing Mila walk down the isle in that adorable dress, it's the sight I'm most looking forward to.

Did I mention that the night of the wedding will be Ryan and my first night away from Mila alone, since she was born? It will actually be our second night away but the other night we shared a hotel suite with another couple, so we weren't really "alone". I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to spend some QT with my cutie--yea, I just said that. #lamemomjokes

I promise to post lots of pictures!

♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment