Monday, October 28, 2013

October in a Flash

It happens every October, with the [ever so slightly] cooler weather also comes the slam packed calendar. With all that's been going on PLUS an undefeated football season for Florida State, we've hardly noticed that October is almost over--talk about gone in a flash! But before we take a flashback of the month so far, let me mention that this week is going to be the busiest we've been all month.

Tonight Ryan and Mila are meeting me at the pumpkin patch as soon as I get off work. We're going to take some pictures, buy some pumpkins and hurry back to the house before it gets dark so we can carve pumpkins and watch the sunset from our backyard (Florida has the best fall sunsets). This year will be Mila's second Halloween but her first pumpkin carving experience--last year, at the tender age of 4 months, she slept through it. Unfortunately, wielding a knife seems like a dangerous activity for an almost 16 month old, so until her motor skills are perfected, she will mainly be in charge of pulling out pumpkin guts.

After pumpkin carving, I will toast some pumpkin seeds (my all time favorite snack) and spend the rest of the night chained to seated at the sewing machine so I can finish our family costumes. I'm super hoping that I can convince Auntie Evan to stop by our house tomorrow before work so we can get a couple family Halloween pictures in the morning, when the light is the best.

Wednesday is Ryan's 29th birthday, which he will actually be working through--BOOOO! <-- not the cute ghost kind, the Regina George kind. Thursday is Halloween, yay! And Friday is Ryan's super secret special birthday celebration, yay yay YAY!

BUT before this week can kick off, I have to catch you up. So here is a quick look into our October so far...

Festive Decor & Festive Beer

Festive [glow-in-the-dark] Jammies -- seriously, why don't they make these in adult sizes?!

The only thing making it bearable to live outside of Tallahassee this season.

Fall Festival at the Farm


Saturday Mornings with Festive Films -- should The Nightmare Before Christmas be considered a Halloween or a Christmas movie? It's both at our house.

Hardcore Mel's Bachelorette Party -- which MJ totally crashed.

Fall Festival and Craft Beer BREWhaha (and a sneak peek of the base of Mila's costume--oh yea, you know there is more)

The night FSU broke records at Death Valley when we beat Clemson 51 to 14. BOOM!

 Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes by Max and Jonah's

I told you Florida has the best sunsets in the fall.

Finally getting to break out the cool weather clothes!

And with that, let the best week ever commence in 5, 4, 3...

❤A


P.S. I'm in rare form this morning, maybe it's because of the "chill" in the air or maybe I'm just STARVING because I spent half of my mom's birthday weekend sick (and yes, she was here visiting, and yes, she did end up taking care of me--on her birthday). Regardless, I apologize if this post is a bit awkward and jumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment