Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Our Very Own Pot of Gold

In college St. Patrick's Day meant getting in line for the bars at 5AM and drinking until the very second you'd have to leave for class, only to return straight to the bar after. Last St. Patrick's Day Jillian and Dan hosted Mila's baby shower (see post here). This St. Patrick's Day was a chance for our little family to enjoy each other and recharge, a much needed break from our busy lives.

I took this weekend as an opportunity to cook lots of festive food, bake and get crafty. I promised myself I would attempt to make Mila's headband for St. Patrick's Day after the Valentine's Day catastrophe (Facebook friends know what I'm talking about). It was fun and turned out cute, but I'll be leaving headband making to the pros.We also made bunting, this turned out adorable. I will NEVER buy bunting again. Seriously, so easy to make and it cost me somewhere around $3 total.


Why, yes, those are homemade Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes!

Here's a close up.
Guinness Extra Stout chocolate cake filled with Jameson
Irish Whiskey chocolate ganache and topped with Bailey's Irish
Cream cream cheese frosting--YUM!

I'm seriously obsessed with Mila's St. Patrick's Day onesie from the GaloreGalore store on Etsy. The woman who owns it, Deirdre, hand painted this onesie for M. Deirdre is based out of Dublin, Ireland--how appropriate?

(translated to "pulse of my heart") 

I've enjoyed all of our holidays as a family of three but I think this may have been my favorite yet. I loved relaxing at our house--not being expected to haul our group across the state or anywhere for that matter--and filling the air with good music and smells. It was also nice to be surrounded by our St. Pete friends, they are such joyous and kindhearted people, its no wonder why they are quickly becoming members of our extended family.


These little top hats clips were made to double as coozies!
('cause you know after a few drinks you don't want anything on your head anymore,
this is when they go from headgear to drink wear) 

♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment