Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hotel on 22nd

"A hotel with a revolving door." That's what my girl Weslie over at Love Chugs called it.

I feel that. Our little beach bungalow is right in the middle of a five week stint of company. We love company. Ryan and I are very social people, our daughter and dog don't mind the extra people and we've got the room. But (you felt that coming, right?) our house is also right in the middle of getting a face lift.

When we moved in last March we pretty much threw our belongings into acceptable spots around the house and held on tight as the parent-hood roller coaster took off. Now that we've got the hang of things and finally feel like we can breathe, we're ready to settle in and enjoy the next few years in our starter home.

To add extra pressure, Mila's first birthday is July 2nd. Her first birthday party will be held at our house and the house will be perfect by then.

Ryan removed three trees this past weekend and is planning on removing three more, much larger, trees before installing irrigation and laying sod. He has also been coming home every night and heading straight into his work space to finish refurbishing this 1940's bar I found last summer (he promised to finish it by next Thursday). I, on the other hand, will spend tonight painting like a maniac with Evan the Magnificent (what other friend is willing to help paint two rooms during their finals week?).

My dad arrives tomorrow and we need to make some progress before another weekend of shenanigans.

Now, I know you're asking "what can I do?" First, you're so sweet. Thank you for volunteering! Second, WALL ART. I need it. Tell me where to find it. There has to be a smart ass saying, "why not ask your BFF, Alanna, to paint you something?" Well that is a great question. The answer is, I have. I need more. Help, please.

♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment