Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week 26


How far along? 26 Weeks
Baby is the size of a... head of lettuce. The baby is about 1.5 -2.5 lbs and 13.6 - 14.8 in
Total weight gain: About ten pounds, we'll know for sure after next week's doctor's appointment.
Maternity clothes? Just maternity jeans (pictured above)
Stretch marks? Not a single one :)
Sleep: Sleep is good. I finally got my humidifier. I put it on my night stand and have been seeing a decrease in throat dryness. 
Best moment this week: Finishing the rose bed in the backyard. I can't wait to have fresh roses!
Miss Anything? I've been missing my long-time friends a lot. The closest is Kait and even she lives 45 minutes away.
Movement: Baby has been making big movements lately. The other night I was laying in bed with Jonah. He had his head on my thigh and the baby shifted in my belly. The big, sudden movement made my whole belly move. Jonah quickly perked up and cocked his head to the side as to say, "What the hell was that? Your belly isn't suppose to do that!"
Food cravings: Easter candy, especially Butterfinger Eggs--I love this time of year, I love making Easter baskets and I love being the Easter Bunny! I seriously might like being the Easter Bunny more than being Santa.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still Nothing
Gender: Unknown
Labor Signs: Some contractions but nothing that isn't lulled by changing positions or drinking water
Symptoms: Back pain
Belly Button in or out? Still stuck in belly button limbo, but getting shallower. I think this sucker is going to become flat before it turns into an outie.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Easter bikini! Easter is when I get my "first" bikini of the year. I may have dropped some not-so-subtle hints to Ryan that just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean the tradition has to be put on hold.
**I say "first" because I can never hold out all the way to April. I mean, come on, we live in Florida. It's bikini weather all year long!

♥ A

After I found out about the baby, I started following the Little Baby Garvin blog. The author, Jessica Garvin, is an absolutely beautiful girl who has graciously shared her experience throughout her pregnancy with her daughter, Harper. Jessica has inspired me to embrace this time of my life; she has also documented her pregnancy progression in a unique way that I couldn't help but do my own version! To view Little Baby Garvin's 26 Week entry, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment