Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 27



How far along? 27 Weeks
Baby is the size of a... cauliflower. The baby is about 1.5 - 2.5 lbs and 13.6 - 14.8 in
Total weight gain: 11.4 pounds
Maternity clothes? I have officially decided that unless I'm wearing my maternity jeans, there will be no more pants for me until after the baby. I am just too uncomfortable with unzipped pants and a belly band--not just physically uncomfortable but paranoid that everyone knows my pants are unzipped. This paranoia is not something I can deal with in my line of work, as I am one of few women in the security industry surrounded by strong, type A men who carry guns on a regular basis...
Stretch marks? Zero, zip, NADA!
Sleep: Sleep is still good. My dreams are still crazy though.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby's heart beat at the doctor appointment and having Dr. T tell us that the baby sounds happy and healthy. It was a rough week, especially for Ryan, so this good news was much needed and welcomed. 
Miss Anything? The cookie man... Until next Wednesday my friend. 
Movement: Lots! Baby seems to know the right moments to start kicking and put a smile on my face. Timing must be something baby got from Ryan because mine is always 15-30 minutes off. 
Food cravings: Milkshakes! Mint chocolate chip milkshakes to be exact. Or strawberry, or vanilla.. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Don't know. The invitations to our baby "celebration" went out this week, a few guests have joked that they refuse to come unless we find out the gender. Where has everyone's love of surprises gone?!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions here and there
Symptoms: Some back pain
Belly Button in or out? Flattening out
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Next week, week 28 = third trimester! 
**Had my glucose tolerance test and first Rho Gam shot this week at the doctor's office. The fruit punch flavored glucose drink is not that bad. It kinda made me feel like I was going to barf but I think that was because it was so sweet and I had only five minutes to drink it. Not to mention, I only had two hard boiled eggs for breakfast so my empty stomach and all that sugar wasn't the best mix. Also, if you get a Rho Gam shot request to get it in the hip/butt area. I hardly felt it. I hear the arm is much worse.

♥ A

After I found out about the baby, I started following the Little Baby Garvin blog. The author, Jessica Garvin, is an absolutely beautiful girl who has graciously shared her experience throughout her pregnancy with her daughter, Harper. Jessica has inspired me to embrace this time of my life; she has also documented her pregnancy progression in a unique way that I couldn't help but do my own version! To view Little Baby Garvin's 27 Week entry, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment