Friday, December 6, 2013

Birthday & Christmas List

For any of you who have birthdays in December, you know that there are endless pros and cons to having these two special dates so close. Personally, I really enjoy back-to-back days of fun and presents! All year long, I find myself making notes about what I will add to my end of the year Birthday & Christmas List. This year I found myself discouraged with the unimpressive amount of boots I have. I've also realized that gold, garnet and camel/tan are my favorite colors, as reveled to me by my list.


1. Raw Ruby Necklace - I'm not sure what it is that I love so much about a raw gem, but this ruby necklace from BubuRuby on Etsy has stolen my heart. Not only is ruby Mila's birthstone, it also represents my beloved FSU! To me, this necklace is the whole package.

2. MK Large Hamilton Tote - Somehow I don't have a gold and camel bag. How is that even possible? I've been eyeballing this tote by my boy, MK, all year. I may just have to snatch it up myself if Santa doesn't deliver ;)

3. Faux Leather Quilted Jacket - Last year I gave my mom a leather jacket for Christmas, now every time I'm at her house, I find myself wearing it. It's time for me to get my own! I looked long and hard for the perfect (faux) leather jacket, and here it is, from JC Penney--who would have thought? Oh, did I mention that it's 50% off?

4. Garnet & Gold Chevron Necklace - This is another handmade, Etsy find. The beautiful Linnea at Bird of Virtue has tons of fun, geometric, wooden jewelry. This piece in particular is perfect for FSU game day, need I say more?

5. MK Gold Twist Watch - Again, my closet of "staples" is lacking. I have a white and gold watch, I also have a rose gold watch, but just a gold watch? No. Santa, help a girl out!

6. Bandolino Riding Boots - I told myself I didn't like the equestrian style boots, that is, until I saw the most fashionable pregnant beauty (my brother's girlfriend) rocking a pair on Black Friday. Est voila, they made the list.

7. Ariat Cowboy Boots - Much like number six, I never thought I wanted a pair of cowboy boots until I bought a dress I swear was MADE for them. Now I need them. Plus, how can I call myself a "Lady Seminole" without a good pair of Ariat cowboy boots? Side note: I would be equally happy with the Sahara boots by Ariat that were recently featured in InStyle Magazine--drool, but not on my boots.

8. Raw Herkimer Diamond Ring - Raw Herkimer Diamond, get on my finger. Also, thank you Etsy for yet another fabulous shop. Now, Lumafina, please get back from vacation so Santa can order this baby for me!

9. Gold Stackable Alphabet Rings - Etsy is seriously crushing it this year. Mimic Design is producing gorgeous, affordable, stackable alphabet rings that look just like the beautiful (but pricy) ones at Catbird in Brooklyn. Santa, may I please have an "m" and a heart? Kthanks.

10. Nikon D3200 DSLR with Lenses - I saved the budget buster best for last, this is the Nikon D3200 DSLR with 18-55mm VR and 55-200mm lens (which is the same price as the D3200 with just one lens, thank you Best Buy?). This is one of the best digital SLRs for beginners, it's a good quality camera that is lightweight, affordable and easy to use--exactly what I need! I've been wanting a DSLR since high school. Maybe this year?

Bonus presents would include a new food processor, waffle iron and the other two Deer Girl prints (see below) by Alanna Vanacore available at Frame of Mind in Ormond Beach.


❤A

No comments:

Post a Comment