Sunday, December 1, 2013

Friendsgiving

I prefer to spend Thanksgiving with my friends. My parents always had their friends over for Thanksgiving, so when I was old enough to throw my own, it just seemed natural to do the same. My mom always says some of her favorite memories was spending Thanksgiving in Colorado with her little family and all her friends. Preach, Momma.

Mila and I started prepping food days ahead of time since we were planning to cook for 17 people--naturally, 21 showed up.


On Wednesday, we headed to Windemere to Chris and Dawn's house. We went shopping for last minute supplies, including a turkey--talk about last minute--then spent Wednesday evening spoiling my "brother" and his girlfriend with presents, as they're expecting a sweet baby boy.

Mila stole the show, typical.

Thursday morning my brother-in-law and I got up even before the babies and started cooking. For the record, Shane and I are a kitchen dream team. We are also a dream team at all games. We could basically beat anyone at anything. We're pretty sure my sister married him simply because of how similar and awesome we are.

BroSandwich 

Once everyone got up, there was lots of football, playing and pictures. And yes, Chris and Dawn required a dress code, no denim for girls or t-shirts for guys.



Some of our group missed the shots on the dock, due to a turkey coma.

Thursday evening ended with group bath time for the babies and late night card games for the parents. All and all, the perfect Thanksgiving--except that Green Bay lost to the Detroit Kittens.


 Oh, and the Grinch even held a baby...and his heart grew three times that day.


I hope you all had a wonderful and thankful holiday weekend and that you got to spend it with some of the people you most cherish. This group of friends has been going strong for over a decade. This wasn't our first Friendsgiving and it won't be our last. Hopefully, if we're lucky, the babies will be the ones hosting it for us one day!

❤A

No comments:

Post a Comment