Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Scavenger Hunt


Ryan wanted a Play Station 4 for Christmas but he only asked for car parts. How sad? He's such a wonderful and practical man. He would never ask for anything that would take away from Mila and me. He does so much for us, I couldn't help but think that although Mila can't quite express it yet, she would totally agreed that he deserved something really fun.

So I bought it. I sold my sole, waited in line and ended up with the last Play Station 4 at our local Game Stop. Two male employees secured it in a black plastic bag and walked me to my car--not knowing that I had a Ruger 380 and a switch blade in my purse (both of which I am trained for and legally allowed to carry, thank you very much). Between my personal arsenal and "body guards" I would have LOVED to see someone try to rob my spunky little Christmas-dream-granter-ass.

If you know anything about the Play Station 4, you know it's pretty pricy. Especially because you have to buy all new controllers and games. Understandable, this was all we got Ryan. So we had to make a big deal out of finding and opening it--yes, I said "finding" it.

About a week before Christmas I put a large, wrapped box with Ryan's name on it under the Christmas tree. On the night before Christmas he opened it to find, not a present, but a clue.


That's right, I made Ryan do a Christmas Morning Scavenger Hunt, just like his parents used to do! Mine had a twist, all the clues were song lyrics. It went like this:
  1. "I fell in to a burnin' ring of fire." - Johnny Cash (Answer: fire pit)
  2. "We are the champions, my friends." - Queen (Answer: behind the FSU jersey hung in M's nursery)
  3. "You spin me right round, baby, right round, like a record, baby, right round, round round." - Dead or Alive (Answer: on the turn table of our record player--if you cut the part about a record, it would also work for the washing machine)
  4. "I just want to lay in my bed." - Bruno Mars (Answer: under the cover in bed)
  5. "Ice Ice Baby" - Vanilla Ice (Answer: freezer)
  6. "Whiskey, whiskey on the shelf, you looked so quiet there all by yourself. Things were fine 'till they took you down, opened you up and passed you around." - Wynonie Harris (Answer: in the bar, wrapped as a decoy gift)
  7. "If you don't like my fire, than don't come around 'cause I'm gonna burn one down." - Ben Harper (Answer: the designated smoking area in the back yard)
  8. "I got no car and it's breaking my heart but I've found a driver and that's a start." - The Beatles (Answer: the driver's seat of Ryan's car, which is where the present was hiding)


❤A

No comments:

Post a Comment