Thursday, February 23, 2012

24 Magical Hours

This afternoon I went to the OB for my 20 week ultrasound. If you haven't seen an ultrasound lately let me tell you something, its insane. You're able to see right through the baby's skin! You can see all the bones and even a pretty detailed shot of the brain. No one told me this so I was gushing over the skeleton baby on the monitor and had the sonogram tech cracking up. She measured the two halves of the baby's brain, fluids in front of the frontal lobes, the thickness of the skull, spine, belly, and femurs. She said baby is perfect!

As soon as Ryan and I found out about the baby, we decided that we didn't want to find out the gender. My doctor is excited about this because she said its so rare for young couples to do these days. She also told us that it makes birth that much more exciting. Today the sonogram tech said it's a good thing we don't want to find out the gender because baby is facing my spine so we couldn't tell anyway. She did manage to get a great face shot and we watched him** talk to himself for a few seconds. We even got this great picture of him with his mouth open.



In other super exciting baby news, Ryan has been anxious to feel the baby kick since I started to feel him squirming around. Every night before bed Ryan rests his hands on my belly for several minutes to see if he can feel anything. Last night we were just laying next to each other talking and I felt this huge kick. I grabbed Ryan's hands and put them on my belly and baby kept kicking away! Ryan's face was full of utter amazement. I knew it all became so much more real to him. What a great moment. I'll never forget that. On George Washington's Birthday/National Margarita Day, February 22nd, our first baby made his or her presence known to Daddy.

Also yesterday (oh yea, it actually gets better) my friend, Chelsea, had her twins! Chelsea's boys were full term, healthy and adorable. Mommy and babies are all doing great. Baby A, Skai (pronounced "sky"), was born at 4:28PM and weighed 4lbs 6ozs. Baby B, Silas, was born at 4:30PM and weighed 4lbs 9ozs. What a great 24 hours in the world of babies, I'm totally gushing--it's embarrassing.


♥ A

**When we use pronouns it seems that we favor "he/him". This is not necessarily because we would prefer a boy, it's simply because that is the universal pronoun--and way better than calling baby "it".

No comments:

Post a Comment