Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras & Semaine Vingt [Fat Tuesday & Week 20]

Today is the day everyone in NOLA has been anxiously awaiting, Mardi Gras! The day of ultimate gluttony, a day of drinking, sexcapades, beads, breasts, parades, spicy food, sticky sweets, masks, boas, and live music! It’s a magical day for those not expecting...

Thus I am a mommy-to-be so the highlight of my Mardi Gras is a homemade quiche and left over King Cake. I attached the recipe for my quiche; it’s a staple in our house. Almost every weekend I make one using the same base mix. Try it out with different veggies, meats, and cheeses and share your creations! I'm always searching for new combos. 


The peak of carnival season is only one of the reasons I find this week so exciting. This is also, and more importantly, my 20th week pregnant. That’s right, I'm halfway through! After I found out about the baby, I started following the Little Baby Garvin blog. The author, Jessica Garvin, is an absolutely beautiful girl who has graciously shared her experience throughout her pregnancy with her daughter, Harper. Jessica has inspired me to embrace this time of my life; she has also documented her pregnancy progression in a unique way that I couldn't help but do my own version! To view Little Baby Garvin's 20 Week entry, click here.



How far along? 20 Weeks
Baby is the size of a... Cantaloupe! About 10.2 oz and 6.5 in
Total weight gain: I think I'm up to six pounds. I have a doctor appointment on Thursday, I'll know for sure then. 
Maternity clothes? My sister gave me two belly bands to keep me in my dress slacks for work longer, but thats it.

Stretch marks? Nope!

Sleep: Great! Waking up early in the morning for work is the worst part...

Best moment this week: Delicious homemade King Cake!

Miss Anything? This week, so much. I wish I were celebrating with my family in NOLA. Its not even about the booze, although that would be an added bonus, I just hate to miss out on events like this.

Movement: The baby is wiggling around right now! I wish he/she would never stop ♥

Food cravings: Cajun cuisine!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, not really.
Gender: Its a surprise!
 Ryan and I have decided not to find out the gender of the baby.
Labor Signs: No, but I did have some terrible, long lasting cramps yesterday I was nervous about. They finally went away, I'll be sure to mention them at my appointment this week.

Symptoms: Minor discomfort is all

Belly Button in or out? It’s starting to become shallower... It must be a preview of what’s to come!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and surprisingly calm
Looking forward to: Seeing the baby on Thursday, I haven't seen mini since the twelve-week ultrasound!

♥ A

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' like a million bucks, lady! I'm so, so happy for you and Ryan. . .and so happy you're enjoying this time. Trust me, you'll look back on it and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tonia! It's so exciting, I'm trying to appreciate every second.

    ReplyDelete