Sunday, February 19, 2012

Food Fit for Carnival Season

Happy [almost] Mardi Gras!

Rather than spend my weekend in New Orleans watching the various parades (like my favorite, Krewe de Thoth, which ran this afternoon about a block from my uncle's uptown home) and attending crab boils at neighbors' houses, I've had a quiet weekend here in St. Pete. In an attempt to celebrate--regardless of my global positioning--I whipped up a few of my favorite Cajun dishes and sweets. 

I know I promised to get these recipes and pictures to you yesterday, I'm sorry for the delay, but after a full day in the hot kitchen Mama was tired! Below is every thing you need, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. 



Enjoy!

♥ A

2 comments:

  1. Allison!! I'm beyond words...I can say you will enjoy every step of the way!! Continue on with inspiring. Cooking & cleaning is a lost art in many homes. I look forward to seeing you become what is the most rewarding job you will ever have..I know it was mine! L'aissez les bons temps rouler ma chere niece!! Je t'aime beaucoups xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Josee! I really want to do this motherhood thing right, pull out all the stops. Be June Cleaver--that is, if June Cleaver were covered in tattoos, put vodka in her fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, and carried a 380 Ruger in her purse. I might not visually fit in with all the moms in the PTA, but I will damn sure cook better then any of them ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete