Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome: Please Don't Mind the Mess

This is my first blog. I fear that I may be off to a rocky start but I promise that I will do my research and get better! I know the keys to a good blog are to post often, welcome interaction, and post pictures. I vow to do all those things, not only for your enjoyment but for my own as well.

Today is a gloomy, rainy day in the south. My mom reports that the gray, damp day that is greeting me here in St. Pete is the same one she is experiencing in New Orleans. This weekend is a terrible one for poor weather in NOLA, as this is carnival weekend--the weekend before Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday). My mom, step dad, cousin, and his wife have gone to NOLA to celebrate the season with my uncle, aunt, and other cousin who live there. Unfortunately, being that I am almost 20 weeks pregnant, participating in the drunken debauchery that is this weekend in NOLA would be both irresponsible and dangerous to our beloved mini in my belly. However, despite the 680 approximate miles between my family and me right now, I insist on not missing out on some of the delicious Cajun classic dishes and sweet King Cake. Therefore, I will dedicate this day to cooking and baking--an act you too will benefit from, as I plan to post plenty of pictures and recipes when I am finished. 

I hope the weather is better where you are! Talk to you soon.

♥ A

No comments:

Post a Comment