Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Expecting Parents' Souls

When Ryan doesn't feel good I love to make chicken noodle soup from homemade chicken stock. It's one of my favorite recipes. Unfortunately it takes a while to make, but it is delicious and freezes nicely so I like to make a lot to keep some on hand at all times. Ryan swears by my chicken noodle soup. He thinks that it is the key to his health!

I've found that the best way to make this recipe is after we buy a rotisserie chicken. I'll pick one up on a game day or after work when I really don't feel like cooking and refrigerate the carcass overnight to use in chicken stock the next day. The original recipe, written by Tyler Florence, calls for a whole chicken but I'd rather use the carcass from a left over rotisserie chicken with about two and a half pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Boiled chicken breasts shred more evenly and they assure white meat in every bite!


♥ A

Note: The soup in the above picture does not accurately portray the recipe listed. I have doubled the vegetables in the soup recipe (not in the stock recipe) since taking the above picture. Before there was too much corn and not enough carrots and celery, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment