Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 23



At Mel's baby shower, bump-to-bump (23 weeks and 31 weeks)!

How far along? 23 Weeks
Baby is the size of a... pomegranate. The baby is about 12.7 - 20.8 oz and 10.5 - 11.8 in
Total weight gain: Nine pounds
Maternity clothes? You don't have to buy maternity clothes these days! The "in" style seems to be loose, flowing shirts and dresses that fit a baby bump perfectly. Not to mention how forgiving clothing manufactures are making the sizes these days--I'm almost six months pregnant and fit perfectly in XS dresses from the women's section at Target.
Stretch marks? No sign (please stay that way!)
Sleep: Sleep is good but bathroom breaks are starting to increase. Lately I'm up at 3AM and 6AM. 
Best moment this week: Seeing Mel at her baby shower. Her bump is so big and she is so beautiful! I'm very grateful to have her as my pregnancy pal ♥
Miss Anything? I have to say, I'm pretty content with life lately. I do miss wasting days away at the beach with a cooler full of beer. Those days will return, but instead of beer I'll be toting juice boxes and bottled water. 
Movement: On Saturday morning baby starting making such big moves that I could see my belly move! I was out of town at the time so I sent a video to Ryan who was at Miller's Ale House when he received it. From what I've heard, he was walking around showing everyone the vid! He's one proud papa!
Food cravings: Chocolate, but heres the thing, I only want chocolate after I've already had something else to eat. This mostly happens at work. The second I'm finished eating lunch I crave chocolate... So strange. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Unknown. My friend, Anna, says this has made shopping for baby very difficult, but if I have one friend who will come up with something great regardless of the unknown gender, its Anna. 
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: I've been getting some cramping lately and sudden urges to pee--nothing too major. 
Belly Button in or out? Same as last week, stuck in this half in/half out limbo.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Seeing my best friends, Dan and Jillian, this weekend. They are hosting my traditional baby shower this Saturday, which is going to be a very small, intimate affair. I cannot wait to see them, I miss them both so much! Speaking of that, Jill is flying into Orlando tomorrow. Safe travels bug! See you Friday!

♥ A

After I found out about the baby, I started following the Little Baby Garvin blog. The author, Jessica Garvin, is an absolutely beautiful girl who has graciously shared her experience throughout her pregnancy with her daughter, Harper. Jessica has inspired me to embrace this time of my life; she has also documented her pregnancy progression in a unique way that I couldn't help but do my own version! To view Little Baby Garvin's 23 Week entry, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment